1981 - Our Twenty-Fifth Anniversary - 2006 CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS AND MATERIALS SCIENCE
2115 Flame Tree Way, Hemet, CA 92545 • Phone: 951 929 2659; Fax: 951 929 1057 • www.ciems.com
CO-LEASH INC. P. O. NO. 0302 of 4 APRIL 2006
DIVISION OF ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS AND DEVICES
Page 1 of 2
NO. 960840750-1 of 05 APRIL 2006
Alpha-Beta-Gamma (α-β-γ) RESIDUAL RADIOACTIVITY TEST
Kryptaglow Luminescent Paint Layer on Cement Substrate identified by Co-Leash Inc. as consisting of three coats:
(i) Kryptaglow White Latex Base Coat # 1171, (ii) Kryptaglow Paint MEA Special Blend # 1300A, and (iii) Kryptaglow
Clear Protective Top Coat # 1102, and listed in this test as Material A.
1. NO INTEGRAL ALPHA, BETA AND /OR GAMMA (Α, Β AND/OR Γ) RADIATION ABOVE
THE BACKGROUND NOISE RADIATION LEVEL.
2. THE SAMPLES OF MATERIAL A ARE NON-RADIOACTIVE AS TESTED TO NYC BC
REF. STD. 6-1, para. 4.1 to 4.4, and ASTM D3684.
1. The test per NYC BC Ref. Std. 6-1 and 6-1A and ASTM 3648. Test conditions: T=22°C, RH=40%, P=101.2 kPa.
2. The radiation intensity readings were taken at nine different points on the surface of each of the three specimens of each
of the two materials tested, both inside and outside of the radiation insulating chamber and under twelve angles between
the normal to the sample surface and the direction of the field of gravity. The radiation intensity reading for each of the
test runs shows only the magnitude of the background radiation noise.
3. The experimental error evaluated by the partial derivatives and least squares methods does not exceed 6%. The data on the standard
deviation are kept on file at CIEMS.
4. INSTRUMENTS AND DEVICES USED
- Geiger Counter Model SGM-49C PRI (2.5 µR/hr per div.)
- Nuclear Radiation Monitor Model DX-1 ITS (1 µSv/h per div.)
- Scintillation Counter Model 111 PRI (0.5 µR/hr per div.)
- Survey RA Instrument Model HP-370 Eberline with α-β-γ Proportional Counter Model 4314 LND
- Envirothermocryostat Model 510 GRE with Programmed Temperature/Humidity Controller and Lead-Clad Compartment Model
- Digital Hydrothermometer Model 63-844 MI, Barometer Model 602650 SB
- Starrett Dial Indicator Model 25-109 (1.270 µm/div.).
5. The standard reference materials used for the test setup calibration:
(continued on page 2)
CIEMS TEST REPORT NO. 960840750-1 of 05 APRIL 2005
Page 2 of 2
- NIST SRM 4320 (Cm-244)
- NIST SRM 4326 (Po-209)
6. The equipment used in the test meets the applicable NIST, ASTM, ASME, OSHA and State requirements and was calibrated with the
standards traceable to the NIST. The calibration was performed per ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9004-2000, ANSI/ASQC M1-1996, ISO
10012:2003, MIL-STD-45662, MIL-I-45208, NAVAIR-17-35-MTL-1, CSP-1/03-93 and the instruments manufacturers' specifications.
7. The equipment passed a periodic accuracy test in June 2005. Next test - June 2006. The linear and angular measure equipment and
weights were calibrated in December 2005.
TEST ENGINEER: 29
DIVISION MANAGER: Cynthia Smythe